Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tornados and a Temperature

When I signed up to come to De Kalb, I didn't realize that there was a risk of tornados here ! So you can imagine my amazement when yesterday the loudspeaker in our dorms belted out "A tornado warning has been issued for southern De Kalb area, please evacuate to the basement immediately staying away from any windows"

For a few moments I thought I was hallucinating as I was at that point laying in bed with a very high fever. Unfortunately I wasn't which meant draging my sweaty ass down to the basement and sitting there in the cold for 45 minutes while the Tornado passed pretty much over us!

Other than that theres not much news from over here except that I have a bitch ass fever and a killer throat, coupled with nice muscle pains.... NICE !

Oh and today I turned 24, not one of the best birthdays ever !

Adios !

No comments: