Friday, September 01, 2006

Beer bongs and gangland fights

BEER BONG : using a large funnel to rapidly consume a large amount of beer, or similar alcoholic beverage, as a sort of drinking game. The inherent challenge is to swallow the rapid flow of beer without spilling it.

Quote of the evening from yours truly : "Spilling it, no sir, not me. I'm never one to waste good alcohol"

A couple of classes in the morning followed by some shopping and topped off with a real beauty, the American college house party! Yes folks yesterday was one of those evenings where the beer bong was in use all evening the music slamming and the atmosphere electric. This was my first outing "in the wild" here and most certainly wont be the last, needless to say I kept my fellow countrymens reputation up by chugging down insanely cheap coronas all evening like a seasoned professional.

Walking back from the party with a local I witnessed my first proper hardcore fight, which included baseball bats tripped out SUV's and American history x style curb kissing. One guy was making sure the others ride was proper messed up while two other guys were taking care of the dudes on the ground. Not something that I wanted to see. These guys were pretty damn serious and I most certainly wasn't going to politely ask them to stop as I would have no doubt been given the same treatment as the poor guys on the ground. luckily the cops were on point pretty sharpish, and chasing after the guys, so that was nice to know that the rozzers here react quickly.
More photos on the way, when I can actually remember to take my camera out with me!

Well, I had better make a few phone calls and sort myself out for this evening!

Adios amigos

No comments: