Monday, October 23, 2006

Water fights and Miller lights

Homecoming came and went, leaving behind it fantastic memories and yet another bonkers group of friends.

Saturday started in a very tame manner, just wondering around for a couple of hours before the homecoming football game eating free hamburgers and knocking back free beer courtesy of the various alumni tents. The footie game started and we gave Temple college a good ass whopping, it was nice being in a completely full student section with those rowdy Americans. They certainly can make a lot of noise.

Just the end of the game the heavens opened and it started to piss down with rain, which wasn't the best thing that could have happened considering that we were going out later and would have to walk.

The evening started off in a very dodgy manner, not having a clue where we were going or how we were going to get there. No problem though, my Irish friend has made a habbit of just gatecrashing parties here so we just sort of followed the leader. After lots of searching we found a kegger, only problem was it was an asians party. So we felt that rather than sticking out like the balls on a bulldog, we would rather head somewhere else where we might stand the chance of blending in. Oh if we had only known what was in store for us next.

Yes we found another party, yes there was alcohol there and yes there was also some food. However it was some guys 21st birthday party, and the best bit was that all the people there were either first or second generation Indian (no not native americans) During our short time there we were invited to dance to Indian dance music (think Punjabi Mc) which was for want of a better word ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS !

After me and Kevin ran to the liqor store to pick up a few beers... 60 miller lights and a bottle of jamesson, we headed back to the party. But then decided that we couldn't handle the pace of those crazy Indian dancers, and again we felt we stuck out slightly. Although the guys there were really nice.

So we moved on again, with no real idea of where we were heading, completely random. We then ended up a house party in.. erm someones house. Anyhow as the evening went on more and more people turned up. Then someone decided to start playing drinking games, so I thought I might as well join in for a laugh. Those poor Americans didn't know what had hit them!

3 hours and countless beers later the wheat got separated from the chaff, and it was just me and some sorority girl sitting and drinking. She then had the absolutely fantastic idea of making water bombs to wake up her friends. Which at like 8am in the morning in the inebriated state that we were in seemed like a really funny idea. However what actually followed was a full blown waterfight between me and her in the downstairs of her house. At this point I would like to say in typical 5 year old fashion that: "she started it" Not me!

At 10am I wondered into my dorms absolutely dripping wet looking like I had been for a swim or something. I will never forget the looks that I got on the way to the elevator!!

Absolutely priceless!!

At 4pm in the afternoon when I woke up I thought I had missed the car that was piloted by Juha Kankkunen, unfortunately though he ran me over a couple of hours later...In fact I'm certain that he also reversed over me a couple of times for good measure. What an absolute hum-dinger of a hangover! Which was great considering that at nine in the evening I realized that I had a final exam the next day. Needless to say my studying consisted of me opening my book only to fall asleep after reading all of half a page. I then had the pleasure of waking up with a drool covered book glued to my face. NICE!

But as many of my fellow students will no doubt agree, it's not as though we came on exchange to study!

1 comment:

Ilkka said...

You bugger you! Sorostitutes in wet t-shirts doesn't sound too shabby thou...