Saturday, October 14, 2006

Getting around

Well the past week has brought with it snow, freezing cold winds, live music, free drinks, Korean stories of prostitutes, job offers, job applications and yet again *cringe* shopping trips.

So I'll start from the top. At the middle of the week there was a dusting of snow on the ground, fortunately me and Samu were sleeping in as we didn't have lectures, so we didn't get to see it, but the wind was certainly freezing and cut through you right to the bones. Winter is certainly on its way!

All week I have been toiling with job applications, online forms are so much fun to fill out! 7 applications down 46 to go! I will be an expert on these online forms soon! It's also fun trying to remember all the dates of employment as I have left all my official documentaion in Finland! Superb ! (anyone detect a hint of sarcasm?!)
Oh yeah and a job offer came from the West coast for a internet marketing company. Tempting I must say, but not quite for me. However my Prof is looking for a job for me, which is something I never thought would happen!

Thursday evening was spent listening to some absolutely awesome live music, knocking back free drinks courtesy of a class mate who said he wanted to get me drunk. He obviously knew nothing about the amount of alcohol the average Finn can consume!

Today, slight boredom struck in the late morning so we did what any normal member of this American society would do. We went shopping... AGAIN... Needless to say bank account sustained serious damage again, and my logistics skills will need to be employed to get the mountains of stuff I have bought back to Finland. We also decide to go and pop into the local Applebees restaraunt, where our foreign accents were immediately noticed by the waitresses, who then invited others over to hear our cute accents. Needless to say, we shall probably be heading back there sometime.

Had a few beers with the Koreans this evening, and those guys really do not dissapoint, more stories of how cheap prostitutes are in Thailand and ... well somethings are just best left unsaid.

Well tomorrow should be good fun, a local Finnish family is treating us to breakfast (only minus is 9am wake up) and dinner. So all is looking promising. Also the evening looks like it will be spent with the Koreans listening to more xxx stories... I think I might need a "few" drinks!

No comments: