Monday, August 28, 2006

Chicagooooo !!

Well, my journey is most certainly not boring. Having got off the plane and clearing immigration with no problems I jumped into a taxi. After having sat in it for 10 minutes I realised something was not quite right. There was no meter and the driver was most definitely from some arabian country and he spoke very broken English. His driving was straight out of the desert, I would have felt safer running across the freeway. Seeing the Chicago skyline though more than made up for the death ride !

Once I got to the bus station the guy tried to charge me $120 for a $30 trip ! He tried to get me to sign a blank check !! He also then tried to pressure me into signing it before we had agreed a price. Very dodgy ! Luckily I negotiated down to $40. Welcome to America !

At the Bus station the dodgy dealings carried on, in the toilets I bumped into a guy selling stolen jewelery and then another guy wanted to borrow my cell to make a "quick call" Yeah well.... all of these guys were built like brick shit houses and looked like they were carrying pieces so I just said I'm from Europe and they left me alone ! (I don't think they knew where Europe was!)

Anyhow, more updates later... If I can be bothered to sit down and write. Also I will try to get some pictures up here. Thats if someone doesnt steal my camera, or con me out of it !!

Chicago over and out !

1 comment:

Jugi said...

Haha San Diego seems to a little bit safer than Chi-town :D The murder capital repping to the fullest biatch!